Health/Life Insurance

Think about what you would do if the worst should happen...
How would you keep your home if you should lose your job?  Would your family be able to stay in the home if you were no longer there to support them?  What would you do if you had a critical illness that prevented you from going back to work?

What would happen if your spouse died?
It’s not nice to think about, but you will need to think about how this would affect you when it comes to insurance and protecting your loved ones and family assets.


House & Contents Insurance (also called Fire & General)

When you own a house and fill it with you possessions, you want to live with confidence knowing that the things that matter to you are protected.  In addition, if you have borrowed money to buy your house, your lender will require you to have House Insurance, to protect you/their investment.

What Insurances are there?

Life Insurance
Life Insurance provides a lump sum in the event of your death, that can be used to repay your mortgage, or gives an extra amount to cover the income that your family will lose without you around.

Permanent Total Disablement
Pays a lump sum in the event of disability and being unable to work further. This can be purchased as a standalone or as an add on to Life Insurance.

Income Protection
Provides an income if you were unable to work due to accident or illness, and in some cases if you were to be made redundant. The income can help continue paying your mortgage and debts.

Trauma Cover
Trauma Insurance provides vital financial protection and helps give you peace of mind if the unexpected happens. It helps you, and those closest to you, work through this time more easily and preserve what's most important in your lives together.

House and Contents Cover
House Insurance typically covers damage caused by perils such as fire, wind, hail, lightning and vandalism.  Contents Insurance covers the financial cost of repairing or replacing your household personal possessions and furnishings.  We all work so hard these days to afford nice things in our homes so we can be comfortable in our lives.  So when something unexpected happens to our house or possessions, stress can be a relief knowing that these can be repaired or replaced by your insurance company.

Insurance provider we use

For Life & Health Insurance (also called Risk Insurance), we refer our clients to Brad Collett of BCIA Ltd.  Brad co-shares our office in Havelock North and he works only with companies that are reputable in what they do.

For House & Contents Insurance (also called Fire & General Insurance), we refer our clients to either Tower or Rothbury.

About us

dm consult mortgages + insurance was established off the back of “doing the right thing” by the clients. We help you by establishing what your financial situation is, what you require, and how we can help you achieve this. Based on our findings, we act on your behalf to approach lenders to attain your goal of property ownership (mortgage), business finance, refinancing from your current bank, refixing your mortgage, top ups to your current lending for smaller loans...


Get our latest updates and news.